Director - Payroll
- Charlotte, NC, USA
- Self Employed, Full time
- Brighthouse Financial, Inc.
- 24 May 19
Director - Payroll
Brighthouse Financial is on a mission to help people achieve financial security. As one of the largest providers of annuities and life insurance in the U.S., we specialize in products designed to help people protect what they've earned and ensure it lasts. We are built on a foundation of experience and knowledge, which allows us to keep our promises and provide the value they deserve.
At Brighthouse Financial, we're fostering a culture where diverse backgrounds and experiences are celebrated, and different ideas are heard and respected. We believe that by creating an inclusive workplace, we're better able to attract and retain our talent, provide valuable solutions that meet the needs of our advisors and their clients, and deliver on our mission of helping more people achieve financial security. We're seeking passionate, high-performing team members to join us. Sound like you? Read on.
How This Role Contributes to Brighthouse Financial:
The Director of Payroll oversees all payroll activities for the company, consisting of the payroll processing and regulatory compliance for over 1300 employees in multiple states as well as residual commission payments. The Director is expected to be the subject matter expert for the implementation of federal, state, local and multi-jurisdictional payroll administration. The incumbent maintains vendor relationships and determines best practices to fully utilize the payroll service. This position exercises significant independent judgement.
Department : Human Resources
Key Relationships :
- Reports To: Head of Compensation, Benefits, and Payroll
- Direct Reports/Team: 2 direct reports
- Other Key Stakeholders: HR Partner Services, Tax, Legal, Communications
- Develop payroll strategies including leading implementation of process changes, process improvements and best practices
- Maintain accurate, timely, and secure payroll delivery
- Manage vendor relationships
- Direct reconciliation of all payroll discrepancies and anomalies
- Oversee the validation of all payroll processing
- Responsible for all payroll data integrity
- Directs all department audits
- Assist in the hiring, training, supervision and mentoring of payroll team members to meet departmental and organizational objectives
- Ensure that payroll tax payments are compliant with federal, state, and local tax laws
- Ensure compliance with internal policies and controls, as well as compliance with external laws and regulatory guidance
- Oversee quarter and year-end tax validations including W2 approval
- Oversee and validate ACA testing and reporting
- Maintain positive employee relations and morale and build a strong team culture
- Participate in special projects, as requested or assigned
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Business Management required
- 7+ years of payroll administration experience and at least five (5) years of management experience required
- Strong working knowledge of payroll processes and systems, e.g. ADP Vantage
- In-depth knowledge of federal, state, local and multi-jurisdictional payroll administration
- Strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Working knowledge of government regulations related to HR, benefits, HRIS and recruiting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, relationship and consensus building skills with the ability to influence all levels of the organization
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, Word and Access.
Less than 5%
Number of Openings: