IBCM Finance EMEA - Business Analyst # 106801
The Investment Banking and Capital Markets Division (IBCM), assists clients across regions and industries in achieving their strategic and financing goals. IBCM offers best-in-class advisory, structuring and execution expertise to a broad range of corporate and financial sponsor clients. The Division has advised some of the world's largest companies on complex mergers and acquisitions as well as equity, debt and other capital raisings.
The IBCM Finance EMEA Business Analyst role is centered around assisting with a broad range of financial reporting for the EMEA IBCM Division within CS across the key KPIs of revenue, expense, headcount, capital, profitability. You will report to the AVP locally who in turn reports to a Director (Head of EMEA Finance) in London.
To understand the IBCM business, the role will have significant contact with a range of CS reporting functions (Payroll, CRES, Expense Management, Tax, Syndicate Accounting and Product Control). Additionally, the role benefits from direct exposure to IBCM Front Office clients and regular contact with the Global IBCM CFO team based in New York.
You will also gain an excellent grounding in understanding the key drivers of IBCM's business, along with understanding the more wide-ranging month-end processes. Key activities include:
- Preparing a wide variety of MI information for IBCM Management in London that covers a number of aspects of business performance measurement.
- You will work closely with the IBCM CFO team (Globally and Locally), Product Control and Syndicate Accounting.
- You will have direct interface with front office banker population on all aspects of financial reporting.
- You will ensure adequate controls are in place to affirm data integrity and soundness of all financial deliverables.
- While this role is initially a junior level support role, a strong performer will have numerous opportunities to take on additional responsibilities and build a solid platform. This role will expose you to a breadth of issues across Investment Banking product groups and functional areas.
Credit Suisse maintains a Working Flexibility Policy, subject to the terms as set forth in the Credit Suisse United States Employment Handbook.
- Accounting/Finance degree preferred.
- 2+ years experience; financial institution preferred; familiarity with Investment Banking helpful.
- Strong Excel skills are definitely required. Experience of Business Objects also very useful.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with Credit Suisse or similar systems helpful - (Essbase, Peoplesoft).
- Ability to generate meaningful and practical analytics on specific areas of interest in timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to multitask and operate effectively in tight deadline environment.
- High level of attention to detail.
- Ability to work earlier hours to overlap with London working hours.