Enterprise Systems Solutions Transformation Assurance Senior Associate
- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- PWC - US
- 20 Jan 18 2018-01-20
Enterprise Systems Solutions Transformation Assurance Senior Associate
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
- Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business
- Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls
- Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk
- Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions
- Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities
- Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance
- Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The Enterprise Systems Solutions (ESS) practice comprises a global network of professionals who provide a full range of services that drive companies to fully leverage enabling technologies and IT assets to enable business processes. Our teams bring industry-leading controls experience and expertise across multiple platforms, technologies and data.
Our teams provide multiple services, including:
-Enterprise systems controls integration and optimization;
-Enterprise system pre/post implementation services;
-Implementation of GRC enabled technologies;
-System implementation assurance;
-Program and portfolio assessments; and,
-Enterprise reporting and XBRL.
PwC ESS professionals bring the right mix of risk and controls experience, industry-specific knowledge and highly technical specialized skill sets into a client's environment. This mix of knowledge provides an integrated view beyond ERP to connect data in more meaningful ways.
Along with an end to end view of the IT ecosystem to drive efficiency, effectiveness and control for our clients.
The Transformation Assurance Practice within Risk Assurance provides a broad range of assessment, strategy, and delivery services related to our clientÃ¢â,¬â¢s transformation portfolios and projects. This practice focuses on helping clients navigate risk and drive four broad outcomes: Strategic Impact, Effective Program Delivery, Business Value, and Technology Value. Our clients engage us when they need help with transformations such as ERP implementations, Mergers and Acquisitions, Agile/Scrum methodology implementation, regulatory changes, new product development, or driving greater value across an entire change portfolio or IT organization.
A sample of our services includes:
- Embedded Quality Assurance;
- Portfolio/Project Assessments;
- Agile/DevOps Maturity and Controls Assessments;
- Delivery Methodology Implementation;
- Roadmap Development and Execution;
- Program Management Office (PMO) Implementation and Delivery; and,
- PMO Effectiveness Assessments.
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3 years of Consulting, Risk, or IT Audit experience.
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business Administration, Statistics Mathematics, Regulatory Compliance, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or other business fields of study.
Degree Preferred: Master's degree in Business or a Technology related field.
Certification(s) Preferred: PMP, Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), or Agile certifications (including CSM, PMI-ACP, SAFe Agilist).
Demonstrates thorough knowledge and/or a proven record of success in project delivery methodologies, technology risk and controls principles, and an awareness of trends and risks of emerging technologies including the following areas:
- Providing consultancy or assurance services for developing project risk management strategies, conducting portfolio and project-related assessments, and recommending solutions to improve management and drive successful outcomes;
- Demonstrating understanding of the common business and technology issues facing clients who provide products and services in several service sectors including Insurance, Banking, Investments, Manufacturing, Retail, Technology, Media and Entertainment, Utilities, Energy, etc.
- Identifying and obtaining new service opportunities and taking the opportunities through the sales cycle;
- Defining resource requirements, project workflow, budgets, and billing and collection; and,
- Assisting with the leading of teams to generate a vision, establish direction, motivate team members, create an atmosphere of trust, leverage diverse views, coach staff, and encourage improvement and innovation.
Demonstrates thorough abilities and/or a proven record of success delivering consulting or assurance services and working seamlessly in a virtual environment to complete projects with team members based in various locations, domestically and globally, which includes the following areas:
- Conducting program and project risk or control assessments utilizing leading frameworks and techniques;
- Performing as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment by monitoring workloads of the team, respecting the work-life quality of team members, providing feedback in a timely manner, and keeping leadership informed of progress and issues;
- Identifying and addressing client needs, including developing and sustaining meaningful client relationships and understand the client's business;
- Leveraging project leadership and project management skills in relation to our client engagements, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules;
- Utilizing creative thinking, individual initiative, and flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks;
- Researching and analyzing pertinent client, industry, and technical matters;
- Communicating clearly in a client environment, including report-writing, presenting, building rapport, and interviewing;
- Approaching clients and team members in an organized and knowledgeable manner to deliver clear requests for information;
- Utilizing negotiation and persuasion skills used to sell potential opportunities, including a proven track record with identifying and converting potential engagement opportunities and developing market presence.