Backup Analyst - AVP
Job Overview :
The Backup Analyst is an intermediate level role responsible for assisting with for assisting with FDR Backup. Activities, including FDR UPSTREAM, Change Records, Incident Records, JCL knowledge, Troubleshooting Abends, Working on call shifts which include Nights and Weekends. Responsibilities:
- Create FDR backup jobs from work orders. Designing and testing new backups.
- Create change record to move FDR Backup into production.
- Create change records to modify JCL
- Drive Root Cause Analysis for failed FDR Backups. Which would require troubleshooting, SA contact and restarting the failed job after determining root cause.
- Monitor FDR batch jobs to make sure they are executing properly
- Manage monitor and maintain system scratch counts.
- Review requirement documents, update processes and procedures as necessary
- Contribute to technical direction and strategic decisions
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- 5-8 years of experience in Infrastructure Technologies delivery with a proven track record of operational process change and improvement
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical audience
- Ability to work with virtual and in-person teams, and work under pressure or to a deadlines.
- Experience with Server Backups, JCL, EXCEL Spreadsheets.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Effective analytic/diagnostic skills
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent work experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting